Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Chocolate fun + breadsticks

Got back home, swore to do homework, and...

Went to make chocolate clusters.

So much for determination and self control. Was craving the chocolate clusters we made at the chocolate workshop, and thus decided to very quickly replicate them. Being at home, and with no need to share (wheehee!), it meant that I could use bigger cups! I'm guessing these paper cups hold twice as much each as the ones we made at the workshop.

Simple processes, and voila:




+



equals



Just tasted one of them. Then I tasted another, just to be sure they tasted alright. Then I took a third one..

Got to thank Nat for passing me some real good milk chocolate today! Shall bring some of these milk chocolate clusters to school tmr :D Too bad I don't have more exotic ingredients at home, or else I could make more types! So fun, unlike homework.

In other news:

Bought some breadsticks off the Cold Storage shelf the other day -





These are from Waitrose, the large supermarket chain from the UK that doesn't actually have any outlet here, but which products can be found here and there. Now, breadsticks are also known as grissini, which is an Italian word I believe (since they originated from Italy). They may be called bread, but they are really crispy and dry, something like croutons in long pencil-like form. I don't really remember seeing them being eaten much in Singapore, but it's good to know that the supermarket stocks up on some.

I got the plain ones (the other one has sesame seeds), which are great for dips. Have it with garlic butter, salsa, tomato dips, avocado dips, cheese dips, anything you fancy! I took one and started poking it around various jars I had at home (even Nutella) and it all tasted quite good. They're too plain for me to eat it on it's own though. They're pretty healthy, low on the calories (we're not including dip here), and come in packs of 20 or so sticks per box.

Ooo. They may be good with soups too, come to think of it.

Maybe I should go try...

No comments: